You Are Not Alone - Tell Your Story

I Tested Positive on June 23, 2022

Tell Your Story Here

As topics grow, this section will be split into appropriate sub-forums.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules: app.php/site-rules
MJ Klein
Site Admin

I Tested Positive on June 23, 2022

Post by MJ Klein »

I didn't realize I was infected. I had visited my friend in the mountains and slept outdoors in the cool air. I developed a bit of a cough the next day, but that is not unusual for me when I sleep outdoors sometimes. The next day I developed a low fever. On the following day I was supposed to visit my doctor for my monthly checkup and medicine. In Taiwan, if you have a fever you must take a rapid COVID test before you go anywhere. I tested positive. No one was more surprised than I was. I had no idea I had COVID.

Its been very mild. The fever went away on the day I tested positive. I have had a runny nose and a cough but honestly, the last flu I had was much worse that this.

My wife and daughter have also become infected and they are also experiencing mild symptoms. So I guess if you're going to get it, this is the one you want to get.

If anyone is interested I can add to this post and outline the procedures that Taiwan requires for infected cases. I have an official quarantine notice and can leave my home on July 1.
MJ Klein
Hsinchu Taiwan
Site Administrator
MJ Klein
Site Admin

Re: I Tested Positive on June 23, 2022

Post by MJ Klein »

On July 1, I took a rapid test and it was negative.

During the course of the illness I developed some heart palpitations (dropped beats, e.g. PVCs). I take medicine for arrythmia and I had to take it 3 times a day in order to control it.

What I'm going to say now seems weird but.... I got the feeling that this virus is "smart." I can't put my finger on it but I felt like it was looking for a weakness to exploit.

I take about 30 supplements per day. As soon as I tested positive I uppded my NAC to 1,000 mg/ 3x per day. I also upped my D3.

I have no discernable after effects of the virus. I am just a bit tired but I will soon get over that.
MJ Klein
Hsinchu Taiwan
Site Administrator
MJ Klein
Site Admin

Re: I Tested Positive on June 23, 2022

Post by MJ Klein »

I have noticed an increase in arrhythmia and palpitations since recovering from COVID-19. I am currently suffering from a nasal/sinus/ear infection that has lasted more than a week, with antibiotics. I have this "something's wrong" feeling but I can't figure out what it is. If this keeps up I will be doing to the hospital for a complete physical exam.
MJ Klein
Hsinchu Taiwan
Site Administrator